Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Curious...

Is it odd that every time I hear the phrase "It comes as no surprise" I think of the poem by Emily Dickinson, and the phrase "It comes as no surprise to every happy flower", and I think of frost withering plants. Heh. I dunno, Emily Dickinson is my favorite poet, and I had that poem memorized at one point in time, same with my personal favorite, - wait, I have two favorites, I think... "Because I Could Not Stop For Death" (I recall a bit of that too, 
"Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality" :3 )

My other favorite is Success is Counted Sweetest - part of it is
"Success is counted Sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed
To comprehend a nector
Requires sorest need" 

There was a time I could recite the entire thing easily. But sometimes just parts of these poems come to me, and I remember... 

No comments:

Post a Comment