Sunday, June 16, 2013

Work

Yes. I work at Dollar General now. Mostly at the Douglas Street one in Holland. Which I bike to. Once they get more people for Holland though I am supposed to go back to the Zeeland one - which is about two blocks from my house (the other store is about 50 minutes to an hour away by bike) - permanently. I kind of like the Douglas store though, it is a pretty good store with all right staff. I dislike two of the manager peoples because they are somewhat incompetent at their jobs. The other manager is good though. And the clientele isn't bad. There are a few difficult customers, but there always are. There is only one other regular employee (not manager) there besides me as far as I know, and she is, if I am correct, from another store as well. The work is pretty easy, though my feet hurt now since I worked three days in a row (I am pretty much standing the entire time I work except when on my meal break), and I biked there most of the time, usually after biking to Mike's first (it is much closer to Mike's house - about 25 to 30 minutes away by bike, though it takes 30 minutes just to get to Mike's, plus we usually walk or bike somewhere else too) and then biking home from work, often stopping by Mike's first before heading home. But it isn't too difficult. I definitely feel more energetic after a day with fewer customers (like today) than after days with tons of customers (most of my days). 

No comments:

Post a Comment