Monday, June 24, 2013

JAFAX 18

So this was my first year of JAFAX. I was a bit dubious at first but this was very enjoyable. Our waitress at the Maid and Butler Café was greatly amusing, as were the two people we (Mike, Evan, Aaron Edgel, Jenna, and I) were seated with. We had enjoyable, amusing conversations. Also there was a bowl of sugar cubes. With the possible exceptions of Mike and one of the other people, we all loved those sugar cubes and ate quite a few of them. Jenna even had an experiment to see how long it took one of the cubes to melt after dipping it in her drink :P It took a lot longer than anticipated. I ate a delicious scone and cookie and some tasty tea :D There were very tasty desserts and drinks there. I also bought a few delicious Japanese snacks, though sadly there was not the drink that I had been hoping to try there. It was really hot out both days, and I got somewhat ill both days too, but it was still quite enjoyable. On the second day, Jenna and I were Sherlock and Watson (respectively) - the BBC versions - and several people asked for our pictures, and we also went to the BBC photoshoot, which ended up being a SuperWhoLock (Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock) photoshoot, even though Supernatural isn't a BBC show :P It was amusing and enjoyable. A lot of bantering went around both days, between friends and new, random, awesome people :P The second day, Jenna and I were in one of the shops, and somehow we just started randomly chatting with this other person who coincidentally had the same interests as us, and I was buying a Firefly shirt (one with the quote, "I aim to misbehave") and we started talking about that, and it was amusing. We somehow made friends with random people, and the other Sherlock said that Jenna was her new role-model 'cause she was able to stand being outside in the heat with her black, wool trenchcoat :P Multiple people wondered how Jenna and I were able to stand the heat (I had on a wool sweater) :P Also, on the first day Mike was the Pope, and people kept wanting his picture (some knelt before him) and wanting him to bless them, and also someone gave him a letter they said was "Jesus's mail" - when he opened it, it said "Dear new friend, Hail Satan" :P And someone also told him that that was "possibly the most unique and blasphemous cosplay" they had yet seen that day :P Mike was greatly amused. We had great fun. Mike, as Iron Chef Sakai, on the second day, still got asked for tons of pictures :P

2 comments:

  1. Can you post some of the pictures from the event here please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get any, I think, that you would be interested in. I just pretty much have pics of Jenna with various MLP:FIM, Supernatural, and Doctor Who cosplayers. And a few SuperWhoLock pics.

      Delete